Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Dossier Is In the Mail

Yes! I completed the dossier and sent it off on Tuesday. It wasn't difficult getting any of the documents but it felt really good to take it to the post office yesterday. I had this really funny postal clerk. She asked me what I was sending off and then she said, "they are going to call you in April to give you the children." From her mouth to God's ears. April would be a great time for a referral.

So for those of you keeping up with this the Ethiopian Dossier is a collection of documents that go to the ET government body MOWA for Ethiopian adoption approval. What's in the dossier?
  • Power of Attorney documents allowing a representative to work on your behalf in ET.
  • Statement describing why you want to adopt from Ethiopia.
  • Letters of recommendation
  • Police Clearance stating that you are not wanted for any crimes.
  • Financial Statement
  • Medical Attestation that you are free of TB and other serious illnesses
  • Photos of you, the outside, and the inside of your house.
  • Birth certificate
  • CPA letter of the self-employed or Employment verification letter for others.
Since I sent it express mail, my dossier is now in the hands of the adoption agency. I think it now has to be sent to Washington D.C. for some certifications (not sure) and then sent to country.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Congratulations on completing this step!

You have a very informative and well put together blog - I've really enjoyed readin through it! Thank you-

Joy (yahoo adoption group)

VALARIE said...

Thanks Joy. I'm learning so much that I want to be able to share that with others.

Original Court Date: April 18, 2009
Final Court Date: May 18, 2009
[607 total days & 165 days w/IAN]