Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Blogs I Like

Tami's Baby Born In Her Heart
(Gladney) - Paper Chasing
This journal is being created so my daughter will never have any doubt from where she came, who she is and how much she is loved. Before I decided to adopt I lacked motivation, she motivates me and makes life worth living again.

Grace Has All These Reasons
(Gladney) - Waiting Referral
My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God.

Tracey's Single Mom Odessey
(Wide Horizons for Children) - Amara is home!
I am becoming a single mother through adoption, and I expect it to be quite an adventure.

Nancy Has An Abundance of Grace
(Christian World Adoption) - Joshuah and Naomi are home!
A single soon-to-be mom to two beautiful Ethiopian children. This diary chronicles my adventure in adoption and serving God.

Jocelyn's Ethiopian Princess
(Gladney) - Pacey is home!
On to my daughter's name which will start with the letter P. The meaning of her name also describes my Great Grandmother. I found a couple of meanings but this one is the best "Noble Woman".

Habesha Child - Elsa is home!
This is the story of me, a single California girl, raising my habesha child, to whom I refer in this blog as “E”. Habesha is a term of pride that Ethiopians use to refer to themselves.

Renee Wants To Bring Them Home
(Gladney)
After two years of trying to get pregnant we decided that there had to be a better way and I'm happy to say that our hearts led us to Ethiopia!

Straight Magic
(Wide Horizons for Children)
Chronicling the phenomenal twists of fate that lead us to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to our family.

Waiting for Isa B
Single mama to a gorgeous girl born in the beautiful country of Ethiopia!

Dedra and Her Daughters
(Illien) - Kalkidan, Aster, and Bizuwork are home!
Dedra is home with her THREE girls from Ethiopia. Check in and watch the fun.

Ethiopian Triplet Land
(Children's Home Society & Family Services) - Home!
In case you haven't heard, we adopted 5 month old triplet baby boys from Ethiopia!!!

Adventures in Ellis Island
(Children's Home Society & Family Services) - Geremu is home!
Adventures in Ellis Land have taken place all around the globe this blog was established to share with family and friends the latest and greatest adventure in Ellis Land- PARENTHOOD!

A Sister Mom
(Hope Agency) - Baby is home and they are working on #2
I am just the average 19 year old college soph. that STILL lives at home and has convinced her mother to adopt two Ethiopian babies.

Bringing Home Baby Boy Preston
(Children's Hope International)
I have decided to proceed with adopting. The country was a no-brainer too. My heritage is Ethiopian. So Ethiopia it is!.

The Earley Journey
(Gladney) - Addison is home! This is the story of our journey to adopt our daughter from Ethiopia. We continue to rejoice in the trials, triumphs, and blessings that led us halfway around the world to our cherished child.

A Journey to Grace
(CHSFS) - Grace is home!
My hubby and I are adopting a baby girl(Gracie) from Ethiopia. This is the story of our journey to her.

10 comments:

Tami said...

aweeeeeeee...I made the list of blogs you like!!!!!! Im touched. I'm glad some one notices my crazy rants and raves! LOL XOXO This is a crazy journey that some days I don't feel like I am ever going to make it through but I have to believe that when the time is right in my crazy life it will happen. I am glad to have the support of my blog family.

VALARIE said...

I LOVE your blog. I think we have the same sense of humor and we are able to see the world through a special set of lenses. Keep writing, I'm reading.

habesha child said...

wow - I am so honored!! I love the other blogs you listed too - you obviously have fabulous taste. :-)

Thank you, thank you.

Really enjoy your blog too!!

graceling said...

Did my other comment post? I got an error message. This is a test.

graceling said...

Okay, guess it didn't.

Valarie, you are one of the most thoughtful bloggers that I know. I am so honored that you like to read my nonsense!

Can't wait to meet you in "real life." I am trying to get to Chicago in April... we could go kid shopping:)

QB said...

Valarie,

I too am really honored. And greatful for this blog community. Thanks. And, by the way, I'm the Katy on your spreadsheet, waiting for siblings with you through WHFC.

-Katy at Straight Magic

Handlyrics said...

AWWWW thanks for adding my BLog. I am touched. Yours is a daily read as well.

VALARIE said...

All these blogs keep me going. When I started out I remember getting good information from blogs and seeing the single women especially going for it, let me know that I could do it too. Keep the good stories coming.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I too am humbled and honored to be on your "blogs you like" list. I bookmarked a bunch o' your other favs, which are now part of mine. It is so fun to follow everyone's journey. You're the best. Love ya!

Abeon said...

Very nice list of blogs for me to chew through now :)

Should keep me busy at work for a few weeks, thanks!

Original Court Date: April 18, 2009
Final Court Date: May 18, 2009
[607 total days & 165 days w/IAN]