Thursday, February 7, 2008

Music to Soothe the Soul and Help the Wait

Okay I said that one of my top ten things is music. Right now the CD in my car that's getting heavy rotation is Marvin Sapp's newest album Thirsty. My favorites on the CD are Magnify Him, Praise Him in Advance, and Never Could Have Made It. I found the CD at the start of the adoption process and it has really kept me going.

It is when I listen to the song, Go Find Your Place of Worship, that I think of my children and all the other children and families in Ethiopia. The song says, "Find your place of worship. Look into your pain and find your praise. Every low place in your life prepared you for your high place. Every tear you cried is water for the garden of your victory. Even though you're in the valley, victory comes through your adversity. Go and find your place of worship"

But, my YouTube favorite (not on the album) is Marvin Sapp's version of You Are God Alone. I love YouTube! I will have to add YouTube to the top ten list. This is the song that helps me deal with the frustrations, setbacks, and wait of the adoption process. When I listen to the words they help me focus more on the children's circumstances than my selfish wants or demands. I listen to this song and no that no matter whats happening, I know that everything that happens in my adoption process is all God's will, preordained and will happen in His time.



There's no question of your greatness nor searching of your power. Or the wonder of your glory, to you forty years is but one hour. Your knowledge is all encompassing. To your wisdom there is no end. For you alone are God. You are God alone. Your mercy is everlasting. Your truth is here always. You are he, who was and is and is to come. Who is He that can number your days. You flung the sun to burning space and the nights moon powers light from day to day. You alone are God. You alone are God.

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible. The only wise God. The only wise God. To thee all glory, and honor, dominion, and power, forever, and ever AMEN. You alone are God. You are God alone.

Just one more YouTube favorite is For Every Mountain.



I have got so much to thank God for. So many wonderful blessings and so many open doors. A brand new mercy. Along with each new day. That's why I praise you and for this I give you praise. For waking me up this morning. For starting me on my way. For letting me see the sunshine of a new day. You've been my provider. So many times you've met my needs. So many times you've rescued me. So many blessing you give to me each day. That's why I praise you. For every mountain you brought me over. For every trial you've seen me through. For every blessing hallelujah. For this I give you praise.

I have to add this one too. It's Dewayne Woods singing Let Go.



I couldn't seem to fall asleep. There was so much on my mind. Searching for that peace but the peace I could not to find. So then I keeled down to pray. I was praying help me please. Then he said you don't have to cry 'cause I'll supply all your needs.
As soon as I stopped worrying. Worrying how the story ends. When I can let go and I let God. Let him have his way. That's when things start happening, when I stopped looking at back then. When I let go and let God have his way.

There's so much going on. Sometimes I can't find my way. And often times I struggle, I struggle from day to day. But, I had to realize that it's not my battle it's not my battle to fight. I had to know that if I put it in His hands everything would be alright.
As soon as I stopped worrying. Worrying how the story ends. When I let go and let God. Let him have his way. That's when things started happening, when I stopped looking at back.

Let go and let God. Let go and let God. Let go and let God. He is the only one with the answers. With tears in your eyes let God. Let God. He feels your pain and he knows your heart. He knows your issues, and He knows your struggle.
So, let go and let God. As soon as I stopped worrying. Worrying how the story ends. When I let go and let go. Let him have his way. That's when things started happening, when I stopped looking at back. I can let go and let God.

I almost forgot to add this one. I love this song by Donnie McClurkin called, Great Is Your Mercy.



Great is your mercy towards me. Your loving kindness towards me. Your tender mercies I see day after day. Forever faithful towards me. You're always providing for me. Great is your mercy towards me. Great is your grace.



No comments:

Original Court Date: April 18, 2009
Final Court Date: May 18, 2009
[607 total days & 165 days w/IAN]