Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Week from Heaven

The process is moving along again. I had gotten hung up on the Insurance Affidavit and the CPA letter; a special requirement for those of us who are self-employed. I'm calling last week the week from heaven because things went really smoothly. The CPA letter that I needed from a Certified Public Accountant was the most difficult hurdle so far. When I woke up Wednesday morning God spoke to me and said check with a tax preparation service. The only thing that came to mind was HR Block. I made a couple of calls and found out that their offices are closed for until tax season. Later that day I went to my bank to pick up updated account verification letters. While sitting and talking to my banker I looked out the window behind him and in big red letters a sign said, "Premier Tax Preparation Service." I've sat in that chair so many times over the last couple of months getting every document notarized. I'd never noticed the sign. It was 4:50pm so I ran over to the tax office and explained the situation (just like I'd done 5 or 6 times before) and before I could get the sentence out the lady said, "Oh yea, no problem." What? After two months of dealing with this could it be that easy? It was. I went back the next day with my documentation and had the letter in an hour.

After more than 45-days of inaction from my insurance company and the 45 calls that I made everyday, I finally got the information that they were able to make the policy change. The change was needed to allow me to prove coverage for the children. I have the insurance affidavit!

All of my US placement paperwork is complete. I sent off my I-600A and will be sending in my dossier by the end of this week. No more paper...

No comments:

Original Court Date: April 18, 2009
Final Court Date: May 18, 2009
[607 total days & 165 days w/IAN]