Monday, October 22, 2007

Homestudy Complete but NOT Approved

Everyday I learn that terminology means everything. Yesterday I was so excited at crossing the approved homestudy hurdle. Today I found out that having a favorable approval of the homestudy does not an approval make. In Illinois my HS now has to be sent to DCFS for state APPROVAL. I hear that it will take them 3-4 weeks and that I should expect they will want some things changed, corrected, or revised. Next it goes to my HS agency's headquarters in Maryland for approval (let's call this sign-off) before it is sent to my placement agency. Approved? Nope. I hear that then it will have to be rewritten to comport with the placement agency's guidelines; changed, corrected, and revised. So, who knows maybe by Christmas it will be APPROVED!

No comments:

Original Court Date: April 18, 2009
Final Court Date: May 18, 2009
[607 total days & 165 days w/IAN]