Friday, October 12, 2007

The Cost of Adoption

Does anybody remember the old song by Shirley Caesar, "No Charge?" My mother loved that song and she enjoyed singing it to me to let me know exactly where I stood.

For the nine months I carried you, for the nights I sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you NO CHARGE. For the time and tears and the costs through the years. There is NO CHARGE.

If my mother were still here I know that she would say that there are some things that you just can't put a price tag on. This adoption is one of them. But if you haven't heard the adoption agencies do charge for their services. I've added up the costs to see just how much it will take to get the kids home and snuggled in their beds on that first night.

Here is the Adoption Breakdown
Drum roll please...



I am doing everything possible to minimize my cost and still it's a big hurdle to get over.
  • My first thought was to raid the trust fund and then I remembered I didn't have one.
  • I called my rich aunt, my rich uncle and Oprah but none of them answered the phone.
  • I tried to cash in on my good looks and that got me a buy-one-get-one-free coupon.
It's Time for a Fundraiser: After much thought I have decided to try several online fundraisers. Keep checking the site. I will be adding a link for monetary donations, several retail and gift sites where you make purchases and a percentage goes straight into the adoption fund.

Gifts that Keep Giving: I am also adding a gift wish list registry. I'm excited about this one. You create a gift registry and choose items that you want for your birthday, wedding, baby shower, or just because. Send the wish list to your friends and family. They buy you the gifts you want and a small percentage goes towards the adoption.

Make sure to check out the fundraiser page!

No comments:

Original Court Date: April 18, 2009
Final Court Date: May 18, 2009
[607 total days & 165 days w/IAN]