Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Thankfulness

Maya Angelou has always said that the most eloquent prayer is, "Thank you." Whenever I hear her say it, I think of my favorite chapter in the bible, Philippians 4.

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:11-13

From the Contemporary Translation:

I know what it is to be poor or to have plenty, and I have lived under all kinds of conditions. I know what it means to be full or to be hungry, to have too much or too little.
Christ gives me the strength to face anything.

Something that I remind myself about time and time again. Now, when I think about the children in Ethiopia and read the passage it has even more meaning.

Thank You...!

No comments:

Original Court Date: April 18, 2009
Final Court Date: May 18, 2009
[607 total days & 165 days w/IAN]