Monday, December 31, 2007

Games Ethiopian Children Play

If I haven't mentioned before I love YouTube. It is allowing me to bring Ethiopia in full motion video right into my living room. Really my computer is in my office but you get what I'm talking about.

Here is one that I think is interesting about the games children play. The narrator says that they wanted to chronicle the old games and teach them to children. The video is short but look closely at what you see: hopscotch, jacks, ring around the rosie, pick up sticks, tether ball, and paper-rock-scissors.

Can you believe that? Far away but much the same. PS. I watched it again and they are also playing hide-and-go-seek.

No comments:

Original Court Date: April 18, 2009
Final Court Date: May 18, 2009
[607 total days & 165 days w/IAN]