Monday, December 31, 2007

Ethio Kids With Joyous Hearts

We always hear about the harshness of life in Ethiopia. As adoptive parents we try to imagine (at least I do) what life is like for the children outside of the orphanages. When I found this video it reminded me that whether they walk miles for walker, attend school regularly, see adults in despair, or wonder what their future holds, they are just kids.

This video really makes me smile and laughed at some parts too. It reminds me of growing up in 60s and 70s black America when we were able to find the JOY in really simple things. JOY no matter the circumstances. It reminds me of those summer picnics when your friends and relatives are over and your parents push you out there to show them the latest dance or sing the latest song. Everybody claps and for five minutes the stage is all yours.

You have to hear them sing "If You're Happy and You Know It" in what I believe is Amharic. There is one little boy in the video that stills the spotlight. He is a STAR! I can only imagine what is in store for him.

No comments:

Original Court Date: April 18, 2009
Final Court Date: May 18, 2009
[607 total days & 165 days w/IAN]