Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of School

This is close to one of the dumbest things that I've heard in awhile. I live in the Chicago area and there are a group of African American ministers that are calling for a school boycott on the first day of school. They DO NOT want children to go to school tomorrow to protest the inadequacy of the school system. WTW! (what the what?)

Yes. The school in the Chicago Public System are bad. I've mentored a young girl that was in the National Honor Society in high school with a reading level of about sixth grade. There are problems and the funding of the schools is POOR. That's why they need to be in school EVERYDAY!

I am ashamed and give them an "F" for foolishness. Can you imagine what the kids must me thinking?

FOOTNOTE: The school system uses headcount on the first day of school to determine how some funds will be allocated to the schools.

1 comment:

kn said...

Why couldn't they have asked all the parents to COME to school on the first day to show support for education.

Unbelievable. Although, I relate to thier frustration.

Original Court Date: April 18, 2009
Final Court Date: May 18, 2009
[607 total days & 165 days w/IAN]