Friday, September 5, 2008

DJ Dedication: Get to Where You Are

Have you ever just started humming a song and had to catch yourself. This week I was humming a song and the only words I could think of were, "Get to where you are...I'll take a bus, plane, train, or car. All I know is that I must find a way to get to where you are." The kids are obviously on my mind and it was bugging me because I couldn't think of what the song was from. It finally clicked. It was a song from a very old CD by Rahsaan Patterson. Who...? Yea, exactly, I haven't heard the song in years. If you look at the words I guess it's obvious why this obscure song has been playing in my head.

I think it had to have been written for waiting parents so I made it the DJ pick of the week.

Baby, forgive me for making you wait so long. Believe that it's due to my lack of funds. I swear I'm going to find away to get out of here because I want to be where you are.

I got to get to where you are, 'cause I can't stand being apart from you. Just to think of your smile soothes my soul for awhile this is true. I've got to get to where you are, I'll take a bus, plane, train, or car. All I know is that I must find a way to get to where you are.

Oh what a feeling. Oh what a sweet surprise when I am finally starring into your eyes. Maybe tonight I'll hitch a ride and leave everything behind because I want to be where you are.


2 comments:

Bennett said...

O Valeria, listening and looking at the flight up in the air brought tears to my eyes........nice song, and I have never, ever, heard of him, but now I have another artist to research....

Thank you for sharing

Celeste

Queen Diva said...

Really nice song Valarie,

Thanks for sharing. Have to put this CD on my list to purchase.

Andrea

Original Court Date: April 18, 2009
Final Court Date: May 18, 2009
[607 total days & 165 days w/IAN]