Here are a few things that I am considering:
- Me. I am hoping on a plane right after I receive the referral to meet them.
- My father. He is going with me.
- Picture of me in a talking picture frame with me talking of course.
- A picture book with pictures of the house and their room.
- Snow globe with a pictures in it. Isn't every kid fascinated by a snow globe? Sort of a warm up to a Chicago blizzard like it looks like we are having tonight.
- Matching bracelets or necklaces. I would have the same to help them recognize me. I like the idea of ID bracelets, name bracelets, or necklaces with a cross charm.
- Writing a children's book for them illustrated by my father. My favorite idea.
- Something fun that they can share with the other kids like a case of bubbles.
- If I'm feeling really brave, I could sent them a tape of me singing them song or a few nursery rhymes.